< Back to All Resources
Recovery Coach Manual
This manual is a companion to the McShin Coaching Curriculum. It is intended to:
- Provide background on the history and many pathways to recovery from addiction to alcohol or other drugs.
- Provide a clear definition of recovery coaching that differentiates it from other roles, such as sponsor, counselor, or friend.
- Build some of the key skills necessary to be effective as a reocvery coach.
- Offer a framework for ethical standards.
- Enrich your recovery and personal growth.
- Build on or ignite a passion to engage and work with those who are entering the journey of recovery.
- Increase your awareness of the many helping hands of the recovering community.
- Underscore the unique power of a helping relationship involving two recovering persons.
- Increase your knowledge of recovery pathways other than your own.
- Provide information on recovery community organizations.
- Expand your awareness of the recovery movement, of opportunities to play a role in it, and of how it can play a role in the recovery of those you serve as a coach.
- Evidence Based Practice
- RCO Capacity Building
- Workforce Development